Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Feeling great.....

I seem to have spent a lot of today bumping into people and being told that I don't need to do this - I must be mad. So why am I doing this. Not to lose too much weight, though the muffin top could go with pleasure! I'm doing it because I have been searching for ages for some way to alter my exercise/eating habits,so I can exercise for the pleasure it brings, not because  I ate a load of chocolate the night before and feel like a hog . I was also finding the gym so dull and boring that all I did was watch the clock. There I was this evening, out in the garden with the dog and the mozzies, doing my jump rope with the neighbours having a giggle. So much more fun!
And I have to say even 3 days in I feel so much better not going to bed stuffed with a late dinner, followed by my nightly sweet fest.
I did Corry's class this morning which was such fun. And it was great to see so many ladies in there having a laugh - especially those who have would normally not be seen dead in gym clothes.
You see what you've done to Yokohama ladies Corry!

3 comments:

Patrick said...

Don't pay any attention to those people who say you shouldn't do this. I thought I was in "pretty good shape" before the PCP but my energy levels and fitness still made huge gains.

In fact, moderately fit people get a ton out of the project because their bodies are ready to level up from day 1.

It's going to be a fun ride!

Corry said...

Jane, I am soooo excited for you girl, I know that your reasons behind taking this PCP on will be so rewarded and not in 90 days, but en route to your goal. I LOVED seeing all those women in my Weds. class ENJOYING their time working up a good sweat and laughing and smiling too.

Amy said...

That's a really good point, Jane - working out because you want to and not just to burn off the wine and chocolate from the night before has got to put your body in a better place.

The gym I go to is always PACKED on Mondays but progressively empties out until it is dead Fri-Sun. I think people are out eating too much and drinking too much and then come in to try to undo it all Monday.