Saturday, November 8, 2008

Lost count of which day we are on....

At last, a free moment. Greetings from London! Having a bit of a hectic time visiting everyone and doing a multitude of chores. I get so much more done with no children hovering at my feet. My new niece is gorgeous, and just loves her Aunty Jane. She just sleeps on me - but then again I'm not there all night.... But I do have my 6yr old nephew and 2 yr old niece here who cannot resist waking me at the crack of dawn, and then I have to play, play ,play.
I have amazingly had no jet lag, and bounced(kind of) out of bed on Thurs.morning with bundles of energy. I have managed to do most of the exercises, though at odd times of day. The builders next door had a laugh at me doing jump rope in the garden - and it's freezing - and then asked if I make tea as well. They spend most of the day on tea break.
Got a busy schedule up until Wed. when I leave, so no time to linger in yummy cafes and be tempted into wickedness. My kids can't believe I haven't had sausages and bacon and jam dough nuts yet. They are normally 1st on their to do list when they're here. They are enjoying being with Darren, and a relaxation of the healthy eating laws. I gather he made his annual visit to Costco yesterday for muffins , marshmallows (why?) and cheesecake. Yeah for Daddy! Bet he didn't think to get toilet paper or washing powder!
There are still endless firework going off every night. Guy Fawkes night was on Wed. As I write ( it's after midnight) , some kids are letting off rockets outside. They are very pretty, but incredibly loud. It takes me back - bonfires and fire works in the garden.
OK - busy day tomorrow -lots of family coming for a feast. Oh - and the organic eggs taste so much better here.....

No comments: