Saturday, November 22, 2008

Day 77

Another week gone in a whirl of activity.We went to the Opera yesterday -Rossinis Othello. It wasn't what I expected of opera - all lavish scenery and big divas. This was rather minimalist , and incredibly long. Then a reception afterwards with the artists -so all in all it was about 5 hours. Afterwards I decided it was indulgence time, so we went to a lovely Spanish Tapas restaurant in Hiroo, and ordered all my favourite things plus a glass of wine. It was delicious, though I couldn't eat as much as I thought, and my wine didn't slip down with the ease that it used to. That's a good thing I guess. It was good to go out for dinner and actually not think too much about what to order, but I think, subconsciously I steered clear of the hugely unhealthy options. And no dessert.
 Darren enjoyed it  - he's missed our indulgent nights out, and it was a great stress reliever which he needs right now especially. He was laughing at my new pants which I bought at vast expense in Paris over the summer. They were so big and baggy, and I hadn't even worn them before - what a waste!

No comments: