Monday, November 17, 2008

Day 71

Here's my lovely new niece - Jaiya. I could have stayed an extra week just for those new baby cuddles.
Ok - back on track after all the disruptions last week. Had a great tennis session in the sunshine after our work out this morning, and feeling good again. It's hard being away, and not in charge of the kitchen! It gets a bit trying having to explain to people why you can't eat their delicious dinner, and why you're cooking so many eggs.My family have probably never seen me eating an egg, and suddenly I'm having about 6 a day!
Peoples reactions to the PCP were very different. Some were completely dismissive, and a bit sarcastic, others, though were very interested and genuinely impressed. It seemed easier to steer clear of the negative vibes - if only for my own sanity, and so there would be no deliberate testing of my will power. Maybe it caused offence to some -but hey- what can I do?

2 comments:

Munisha said...

Jane - Jaiya is adorable! I miss the days when Jaiden looked so tiny and innocent:) (wow - their names are so similar!) You did a great job keeping with PCP considering you went home...don't know if I could have had your will power. Only 19 more days to go!

Corry said...

Ahhh, look at that little babe, such a treasure eh? Sorry going home brought mixed reactions to your efforts with the PCP. In a way, it made me feel better, I had some mixed reviews too. End of the day, we gotta please ourselves first right? So proud of you for keeping going.